Wednesday 23 May 2012

Half moon nails

As some vintage gals may know, the fashion of the 40s (I am unsure of when it ended or indeed started, was to paint ones nails and leave the pale half moon semi circle by the cuticle unpainted.  Now I heard about this years ago in my 1940s hairstyles book which I brought when I was still re-enacting.  However I made a right hash of them and gave up.
Yesterday I happened to see a picture on the lovely Glamorous Housewife's blog of the fabulous Dita with her glorious red nails done this way, coupled with some advice on how to do this nail trick in the latest issues of Vintage Life Magazine.  I thought I may give it another go.  Luckily for me, this time I am armed with some nail art pens, the pens have two ends, one a narrow brush and the other a metal pipette.  I used the pipette to draw a border over the semi-circle and then painted up to the border...so viola!

So, not perfect my any means but not bad for my first go with the nail art pens.  What do you all think?


No comments:

Post a Comment