Saturday 9 June 2012

Pin curls

Ok quick hair update,  Kester brought me this book:



It is available from Amazon so buy it, if you are a vintage hair beginner.  If you are experienced it probably will be pretty useless for you, but for those of us who are hair lazy....it is perfect.

No black hair models though which is a shame but you can't have everything.  Retro women of colour have had to learn to adapt anyway.

Anyway, the book is such an eye opener for the novice vintage hair styler.  I have been using regular hair pins for my pin curls...duh....

Also, my fantastic, stylish Vintage friend Anna suggested a wrap lotion to use on my styles!  Fantastic, not only a product that is created for black hair but also it is non aerosol.  As an asthmatic and also a person concerned about Green issues, I was keen to avoid all the hairspray suggested in the book.  The lotion and pin curl clips arrived in the post and last night I did my whole head except my fringe.
This is how it came out:

No comments:

Post a Comment