Tuesday 14 December 2010

The reason for the defection

Why have I decided to leave the corsets and bustles (which I love btw) behind? 

Well my life has changed, I live several hundred miles from the nearest Victorian events, my life is much more home focused, I spend far more time curling up keeping warm, I now work from home, running a business, my lounging clothes for the city are not appropriate where we live, they are simple and skimpy, old knee length work skirts, old jogging pants and tee-shorts just won’t cut it.  My gothic walking out clothing is getting distressed from over use and are really the only clothes I have here that are suitable for being seen in and as such, I am getting fed up of wearing them really.
I want to wear clothes in the house I don’t mind being seen in, but are warm and comfortable also, as a Victorian Goth, I am afraid sweater chic just won’t cut it, it isn’t me, it isn’t what would make me feel happy and so what I do, is find something that would work both ways, it is the kind of thing I did when I was working also, you have to find something that is YOUR style but also suits your environment and this time, there is no holding back, I don’t have to look professional-ish, I don’t have to worry about scaring the horses (Shetland Ponies don’t care how you dress).  So I did what I tend to do, I look towards the past, I searched through loads of costume pattern websites and then I came to it…..Artistic reform…It ticks ALL of the boxes and I am very excited about starting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment