Thursday 29 October 2015

Updates: Ethnic Elves and dietary changes

So, someone posted this tumblr page on the Elves FB group.  What I like about it is that it is very diverse,



which is SO rare in pictures of Tolkien inspired Elves.  I mean, I understand, I am not unreasonable.  He wrote those books at a different time and Middle Earth as a Europe Expy.  (Am I not merciful?)  So, you know, I don't bust a blood vessel every time someone does fan art of cosplay of a grey elf with white blonde hair (any more than I would moan about (yet another) hot pale vampire with long jet black hair (Oh noes, there is a really sexually attractive vampire..gosh darn it!).  Galadriel (as played by Cate Blanchett is pretty, I get that, Lee Pace's Thranduil is attractive)  the blonde Elves look good, but that doesn't mean that we can't look beautiful, otherwordly and mystical also.

















So, my daughter is on a vegan and soya free diet all of November and because I have not managed to wean her entirely (I know, I know, I am a total hypocrite 2.5 years IS waaaaay too long) I have to be vegan and soya free also.  Though I don't believe she has a true allergy to either of these things I think it best to do it and take it seriously, I don't want to be using steroid creams on her for years, it will seriously damage her skin, so it is best to check and see if a difference.  So this will be a good time to kick start my diet, seeing as I am going to be Vegan anyway.  Though to be fair a lot of my snack foods ARE vegan (lots of vegan biscuits out there and I love pretzels, popcorn etc).  I think as long as I increase the vegetable matter and decrease the bread, it will do me a lot of good.  In general my skin is pretty good and my hair looks lovely, it is soft and the braid outs are looking very pretty now that my hair  has grown a bit.  I don't think it will be long enough by June to wear it as is, but I am happy to say the determination to keep my hair natural and NOT heat treat it is paying off in spades!

No comments:

Post a Comment