Tuesday 7 January 2014

End...

Today is the final day, I wish I could have been more creative but, well I have had a sickly child these last couple of days and, of course, I did very little shopping.  One thing I rather missed was the convenience of all the oven ready food I still have in the freezer, this week I either had to work for it OR go hungry, so I went hungry far more than I would normally have. 

But today I was not going hungry because I had plenty of left overs but with a sick child, a headache and not much else available, today would have been a very miserable day, so thank goodness for that large dish full of hot pot, it has kept me warm and comforted through three mealtimes.
As usual, I slept through breakfast.

Lunch

Leftover Lancashire hot pot and toast

Dinner

Leftover Lancashire Hotpot and

Savoury Scones

4oz flour
4oz medium oatmeal (omitted, used self raising flour instead)
1tsp Baking powder (omitted due to using self raising flour)
1/2 tsp salt
2oz shredded cheese (omitted)
1oz fat (used butter)
Milk

Mix dry ingredients, rub in fat and then add enough milk to make a really soft dough, fold out onto floured surface and flatten out, shape into triangles and bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes or until brown.

 Taste

These were nice and very appropriate for a stew type of dish.  I would have preferred to have some cheese of course and some dried herbs would have been really nice in them also but these were nice and tasty without.
No cheese left...
Snack

1 Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment