Sunday 5 January 2014

Sunday - Sick Child

Further to my earlier post and quite obvious really, I  had porridge for breakfast.

My little baby is ill, we had a very difficult night and a very demanding day so I ate the rest of the biscuits for an afternoon tea and endevoured to make a Lancashire hot pot for dinner, did I get to do it?
Did I heck, I am typing with a baby on my lap at the moment, she doesn't want to be let down and so.....before I knew it, it was 7pm and I hadn't made a start on the hot pot, what is a Mother to do?

I tell you what she is to do, cheat....well sorta....

I had a pack of Tivall vegetarian slicing sausage
in the fridge, I was thinking I could use it as some sort of substitute sausage meat, than I thought i could use it in the hot pot but then, when looking for inspiration I came across Spam Hash on
 Carolyn Ekins exceptional 1940s Experiment blog. She lost 69lbs eating Wartime Rations for a year...blimey and I am daunted by a week!!  Good on her!

However, from my experience so far, if I lose any weight it will be because I skipped so many meals rather than the calorie content of them so far. 

Anyway back to the food, I used her recipe (which I won't replicate here because it is available via the link) and used about a third of the slicing sausage and it tasted fab, I will leave you to make up your mind if it looks Spam like enough but it sure tasted better than spam!!!!

Red onions as usual



No comments:

Post a Comment