Thursday 7 August 2014

Walk like a Vintage Mum, talk like a Vintage mum.....

Yikes!  Yesterday I was horrified to see how much I had spent last week....what with buying food for my sister (who is hobbled at the moment) and treating us all to a pretty expensive (for me) Chinese restaurant meal, plus a couple of insane impulse purchases on the e(sucksallyourmoneyaway)bay.

I have determined that this week I need to rededicate myself to my NeoTraditionalist ethics and shop like my Gran did, with a budget and almost daily...let's be honest, the weekly shop is a by product of the modern supermarket, our Grandmothers, great grandmothers and beyond had to do frequent shops for fresh goods especially, they needed to get others delivered (which I do) and they couldn't carry much either as fewer people had cars.

So, I have decided to spend wisely and shop as often as I need, which might be daily.

I had already brought my salad box with juicing items so, this week at least, I have plenty of fresh goods......goodness knows what will happen next week as I have cancelled next weeks delivery.

Todays menu

Breakfast

A pot of yoghurt

Snack

1/2 Small Banana

Lunch

Wholewheat pasta  (not very vintage I know)
and Cheese, Salad


Tea

Tea du Jour: Green with Lemon
Bonne Maman Madeleine's

Dinner

Vegetable fingers
Leftover pasta Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment