Thursday 18 September 2014

Diet Diary - Entry 1

Starting a new series on my very unVintage diet (well going back to Paleo is pretty vintage but, you know what I mean) and fitness regimen. 

So week 1 has ended and I lost 6lbs. But don't be too impressed because that is probably all water weight, though my bra fits better now. I am SO happy about that as any bigger in the cup and I might need a specially made one...yikes!

So instead of my usual treat of Poppy's Chips and a Jamaican Patty at Spitalfields market, these last two Thursdays my treat has been a Raw Imagination lunch at Planet Organics.  Last week I had the burger
which was AMAZING, today it was the Pizza.


My word, I don't know how they do it, it is only plant food and yet,  it is SO tasty and so filling you can't imagine a need to eat wheat bread or cheese ever again and then I check the price tag and remember.  This meal along with my green juice and the Cheese and Mushroom Muffin I brought the babe (which she loved btw)  cost exactly three times the price as my chip, patty and Tesco flavoured sparkling water (50p per litre) meal I usually buy on Vintage Thursdays (Spitalfields Market).

And again I rant about the terrible fact of having to pay just SO much for healthier food that poorer people (such as myself, I admit that) are priced out of the healthier food, who can afford to buy a raw meal every day?

I will say though it is very filling, I felt full for hours after eating.  I love my Raw Imagination Vintage Thursdays.  So, one more week until Holidays start, I am allowed to have one meal off to enjoy cooked food...huzzah.

Going to try to make my own raw burger tomorrow, I will blog about it and wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment