Friday 12 September 2014

*sob* I feel excuded

Or maybe I am taking some things too seriously?

I am only subscribed to three vintage bloggers only one of whom is a fellow Brit, it is a small vintagely world and I am so glad not to feel alone in it.

Yesterday her video was about something that I have a lot of experience in so I was excited to watch and finally got to comment, I was the first one to comment too. Yay!!!  I actually know something.

When I clicked back to read up on some of the messages later on, I noticed that, she had responded to every other comment but mine.  ;o((  I feel Mean Girl-d!

I think I have felt it more because I actually really identified with her on this issue, I have the exact same issue and it is something that bothers me so, knowing that I am not alone made me feel SO happy. 

Also, it reminds me of all those bloody events I have been to alone where they have there little clique and the organisers make no effort to even smile to a newbie.  I went to one event, organised by a well known Vintage group and one of the girls in that group, sat on a chair, facing the stalls, I smile at her and she looked at me as if I was an alien and turned to her friends to talk. 

Really it is hard going out there, especially as a single woman without friends already in, or willing to go with you.  You are constantly fretting about your look and whether you might be judged for not looking  "right" and judge for not looking vintage enough, hair not right, clothes not right, "Is she wearing modern shoes?"

It is not anyone else's responsibility to make me feel more secure of course, but I just wish people would be a little more courteous.





No comments:

Post a Comment