Sunday 7 January 2018

Upcoming experiment - Plastic free week

Apropos this article as seen on The Green Party social media, believing that Plastic is literally Satan, I have decided, like the author of the piece, to also try to live a week without buying anything plastic.



However, I can't really support the unnecessary consumerism of not using pre-existing plastic items and replacing them with new items like my toothbrush for example and considering I have just found out through this news item that there is even plastic in my Organic Green Clipper tea, tea bags, my work is going to be hard enough.


Besides, I don't think a pig hair toothbrush would be strictly kosher😅

What's concerning is that all the healthy foods we would normally want to have, pulses, grains etc are bagged in plastic, this is going to be REALLY hard. Goodness knows how I will get my coffee unless I buy it by the cup (non disposable of course) because even instant coffee comes in jars or tins with plastic lids.

My week without plastic starts 10th Jan. 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment