Monday 15 January 2018

Days 3-5, shopping for the weekend?

So, I had my first 'big shop' on Friday Morning and went to the large Sainsbury's, came back with this haul..... ---->>

Note the Boursin, yes I finally got some cheese, albeit a soft one. 

First the disappointments,  I spent ages looking through the glass bottles of EVOO looking for one which might be without the plastic pippette.  I know, I was fooling myself but I settled on a shop brand organic bottle for £3.50, the label made it clear that the bottle was glass and the cap was metal, and indeed even the seal at the cap was a metal, I was thrilled until I twisted the cap off and saw the pipette.  

 My second disappointment was a pack of Graze bars,  the Graze brand is one of ethical, healthy snacks and the box for their (cereal bars really) were marked with being in a 'biodegradable box and to please recycle).  So imagine my vexation when I found out that the inner packaging for each 'cereal bar' is pretty much plastic lined paper.  That hurt 😒


Need my sugarfix
Thank the Gods for posh chocolate,  Green & Blacks is just carboard and foil, same with Lindt......don't judge me!!!!!

Frozen stuff is wonderful, both these savouries and sweet are packaged without plastic in cardboard. Along with tinned custard (yep, NOT my favourite either but beggers.....) I had a very traditional pudding for Friday night dinner and the fresh vegetables (parsnip, a winter squash, courgette, carrots, a red pepper and aubergine) made up a nice dinner along with some Linda McC soya thing.


Although I ran out of cordial pretty quickly, I had enough food for the weekend for myself and the Little one, I made two loaves of bread over the weekend and the baked potatoes made a nice Sunday dinner.   I actually had enough squash left to make a soup today (Monday) along with the last loaf of bread to come out of that bag of flour. The shopping was just under £30 but bear in mind that includes the EVOO and Washing powder which of course will last quite a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment